Become a Member
People served by The Arc, their family members, staff, volunteers, members of the community, local businesses and other nonprofits are all encouraged to join The Friends of The Arc. When public funding is not enough, we depend on contributions from memberships to help us continue to provide our services.
By joining our network of more than 140,000 members and 730 affiliated chapters across the country, you become connected to the largest grassroots movement to protect the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Members work together to ensure that sufficient resources are available to meet the needs of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in every community in our nation.
Members of The Arc of Howard County automatically receive membership to The Arc Maryland and The Arc United States.
The Arc of the United StatesMembership Benefits
- Quarterly newsletters, bi-monthly e-newsletters, and The Arc’s advocacy activities, programs and events
- Information and resources available on thearc.org
- Access to a portfolio of services and programs such as Mercer Consumer, offering quality protection plans from health coverage to affordable life insurance and Liberty Mutual, providing a group insurance program with savings and benefits on auto, home and renter’s insurance.
- Active online community and social media channels, attendance at events hosted by The Arc and get involved with your local chapter.
- Discount registration to annual national events such as the Arc National Convention.
The Arc MarylandMembership Benefits
- Newsletters about upcoming laws and legislation and events such as Calendar Day, Developmental Disabilities (DD) Day and ADA and MDD councils.
- Information and resources available on thearcmd.org
The Arc of Howard CountyMembership Benefits
- Automatic membership to The Arc United States and The Arc Maryland.
- Monthly e-newsletter about upcoming activities and events at The Arc.
- Printed copy of the Annual Report.
- Invitation to our special events.
- Advocacy alerts
- Invitation to the Annual Legislative Breakfast
- Invitation to the Annual Meeting and Celebration of Excellence Awards event
- Complimentary rental of the conference and training rooms at The Arc
- Attendance at CPR classes